Economic growth in Malheur County will be achieved through quality education, better use of available resources, and coordination of the efforts of business, schools and government.
- Substantially reduce poverty
- Improve the lives and futures of young people
- Build and maintain a vibrant Eastern Oregon
Learn How Our Program Has Helped These Youth
What are State Leaders Saying About P2P?
The committee’s development and focus in helping those in poverty achieve an improved future could not have been better timed.
True to your place in Oregon history, you are pioneering a new approach to education in the 21st Century.
The Oregon Business Plan aims to reduce poverty. Your initiatives serve as an example for communities across the state.
Why the Need?
Malheur County Facts at a Glance
County SNAP Program Participation
County Poverty Indicators
- Children in Poverty 33.7% 33.7%
- Malheur Poverty Rate 25% 25%
- Statewide Poverty Rate 16% 16%
Four Year Graduation Rates
- Ontario 58% 58%
- Nyssa 82% 82%
- Vale 86% 86%
Free/Reduced Lunch Student Eligibility